GROWN-UPS & KIDS PRIMARY CARETM
Alan R. Vinitsky, M.D.
Letitia W. Short, M.D.
Dr. Vinitsky received his MD degree in 1974 from the University of Pennsylvania. He took residency training in Internal Medicine at Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, and Pediatrics at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He is a Diplomate of the American Boards of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Vinitsky has a special interest in “Environmental Medicine.” He passed written and oral exams in the field. He expects to be certified by the American Board of Environmental Medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine, and previously served on its Board of Directors.
• Twice yearly, from 1995-2000, presented a comprehensive review of newborn care to expectant parents as part of a series conducted by Shady Grove Adventist Hospital Community Service Department. Featured in the discussion were signs of serious illness, successful sleep acquisition in the newborn, causes of “unexplained crying and fussiness,” nutrition, and feeding skills.
• “Healthy Babies in a Toxic World” Advanced Health Seminars,
Tysons Corner, VA, November 14, 1998.
• “Healthy Living in a Toxic World” Jewish Community Center, Gerber Adult Seminars, Rockville, MD, November 23, 1998.
• “Enlightened Medicine” - Radio talk show host - North American Broadcasting Company, October 1999-February 2000.
• “Attention Deficit, Otitis, and Enuresis” Woodmont Academy, Woodbine, MD, January 8, 2000.
• “When the Environment Plays Tricks in Your Head” NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill), Bethesda, MD, April 13, 2000.
• “Brainstorm! - Air Quality Issues in Workers’ Compensation” Maryland Workers’ Compensation Education Association, Ocean City, MD, September 25, 2000.
• “Brainstorming Chemical Sensitivity” Governor’s Pesticide Council, Annapolis, MD, September 25, 2002.
• American Academy of Environmental Medicine, November 1, 2003, Phoenix
• “Tourette’s Syndrome - Thinking Outside the Box” Tourette’s Syndrome of Greater Washington, February 29, 2004.
• “The Autonomic Nervous System – Triggering Symptoms and How to Treat Them” Chemical Sensitivity Association, May 22, 2004.
• “Dynamic Intervention” Integrative Medicine Conference on Anti-Aging, Las Vegas, May 15, 2005.
• “Dynamic Intervention – Clinical Management of the Autonomic Nervous System” Shady Grove Adventist Hospital Grand Rounds, March 2, 2006.
• “Dynamic Intervention – Clinical Management of the Autonomic Nervous System” Perque, LLC, Rockville, MD, September 26, 2006.
• “So Doc, How am I going to get better? Why is it taking so long?” Chemical Sensitivity Association, March 31, 2007.
• “Comments on Safe Lawn Care” Capitol Steps, Washington, DC, Launching www.safelawns.org, April 4, 2007.
• “Optimum Health vs. Stress – Battle for the Ages” Perque, LLC, Fairfax, VA, September 26, 2007.
• “Stress in the City (and the Country)” Health Studies Collegium, Leesburg, VA, NOvember 3, 2007.
• “To Medicate or Not to Medicate” Health Studies Collegium, Leesburg,VA, November 4, 2007.
• “Stress in the City (and the Country) – Methylation: Jewels of Redemption” Shady Grove Adventist Hospital Grand Rounds, Rockville, MD, April 17, 2008.
• “Stress in the City (and the Country) – for Dummies” Israeli Business Network, Rockville, MD, August 13, 2008.
• “Stress in the City (and the Country) – for Dummies” CAMNET, Rockville, MD, September 24, 2008.
• “Stress in the City (and the Country) – for Dummies” Perque, LLC, Rockville, MD, September 26, 2008.
• Montgomery County Medical Society
• Med Chi – Maryland State Medical Society
• American Academy of Environmental Medicine
• National Registry of Who’s Who #122807, Life Member
• “Health Care on the Move” - written for a real estate magazine, an article emphasizing the stress of relocation on the individual and family.
• TeleMed - Interactive Information System. Authored topics on routine child and adult health care, pediatric rashes - diagnosis, fatigue, and respiratory illness.
• “Why Sweat” - a review article for a local news flyer, on the virtues of clearing chemicals from the body by exercise, nutrition, and detox sauna.
• “Babies Grow Best in a Safe Environment” - Maternity Center newsletter, Spring 2000.
• “Your Autonomic Nervous System and What it Can Do for You”– Maternity Center Newsletter, Summer 2003.
• Energy – the Essence of Environmental Health Ó Natalie Golos and Alan R. Vinitsky, M.D. 2004, AuthorHouse, Bloomington, IN
• Putting the Pieces Together. PartI.Healthy Aging 1(5):63-66, 2006.
• Parts of the Puzzle. Part II. Healthy Aging 1(6):75-78, 2006.
• “Safelawns and Landscapes” Podcast, hosted by Paul Tukey, founder of www.safelawns.org., March 27, 2008.
• “TomRoselle Live”, hosted by Dr. Tom Roselle, DC, founder of Roselle Alternative Care Center, Fairfax, VA, June 1, 2008.
• “The Accordion Reserve”, 1998, with Natalie Golos.
• “Playing with Your Aura”, 1998, with Natalie Golos.
• “The Exercise Sandwich”, 1999.
• “21st Miracle Treatment?” 2004 (unpublished)
• “Reversing Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction by Potentiating Methylation”, Patent Application 2008/0045448
Dave Scott Weekend Winner Claims His Prize
The winner of the BodyHealth drawing to win a personal training weekend with 6-time Ironman World Champion, Dave Scott plus a case of MAP recently claimed his prize. Winner Dr. Alan Vinitsky flew to Dave's hometown of
Boulder , CO
and spent two days soaking up knowledge from “The Man”.
Afterwards, he sent us this glowing letter of thanks . . .
My thanks to you for sponsoring the MAP contest and the weekend with Dave Scott! I am writing to let you know that the weekend just passed was exceptional from start to finish.
Dave Scott is indeed an inspiration and lives up to his legend in every sense of the word. He has an astute eye for detecting the subtleties of form and position and has a keen way of presenting information. In particular, Dave helped me revise my form on the treadmill and as a result, I was able to conquer the Chautauqua Mesa Trail while I was in Boulder.
My interest in MAP was based on my independent discovery of the need to replenish amino acids. My further exploration and research on the relationship of methylation to both protein destruction and protein restoration confirmed for me the need to utilize MAP as a foundation in the healing process – not just for athletes but for patients of all ages with chronic diseases and medical conditions. I shared my research with Dave during the weekend, and we com pared notes on how we use MAP. Not surprisingly, we came up with similar needs and uses – in the athletic context.
Dave is in the lore of triathletes but it's what he does day by day – in groups and one-to-one that multiplies geometrically. His self-deprecating manner, easy banter, careful and caring listening and persistent encouragement are enduring forces that bring results!
Thanks again for making my weekend with Dave Scott one of life's great adventures!
A toast to good health!
Alan Vinitsky, MD.